https://www.velocitmsp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/VelocIT_wDSi_logo-2-2.png 0 0 Darek Hahn https://www.velocitmsp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/VelocIT_wDSi_logo-2-2.png Darek Hahn2017-06-28 19:59:432018-08-16 18:27:35Quick Tip: How to create an email template in Outlook
For some this may be a no brainer, but do you send the same emails to people on a regular basis? Did you know you can create an email template in Outlook so you just click on it and fill in the missing details?
Here’s a simple way to create a template:
- Open a new email
- Type in the standard information (even highlight the areas regularly changed)
- Click on the FILE tab (top left) and choose “save as”
- In the dialog box type the file name you want to save the file as
- in the “Save as type:” box chose “Outlook Template”
- Click Save (NOTE: don’t change the location you save it in!)
To use your template:
- Click on the New Items button (next to the New Email button)
- In the drop down choose More Items and then Choose Form.
- In the “Look In” box (top of the box that pops up) chose “user templates in File System.”
- Highlight your template and say open
- Voila you have an email template to use!